Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Fantasia Overdoses

Posted by Jay at 6:08 PM
A few years ago, I was watching some random program. I remember a character saying "If a man tells his separated from his wife; he is still as good as married." There's always a risk that he's 1. lying about his status or 2. he could at any time try to "work things out" with his wife. In my not-so-important-in-the-cyber-universe opinion, do not get involved! That's why it saddened me last year when I heard that Fantasia's new boyfriend, former college football player Antwaun Cook, was a married man and had his last name tattooed on her shoulder. I know finding a good single and straight man is hard but if he left her for you, chances are he'll leave you for someone else *side-eye A. Keys* Yeah, yeah, yeah, Swizz Beatz just married Alicia but do you remember how Mr. Beatz met the former Mrs. Beatz (Mashonda)? I didn't think so.

Unfortunately, I had the above paragraph all written until I saw the news when I got home this evening. Fantasia's manager has confirmed that the former American Idol winner attempted suicide last night! She overdosed on sleeping pills and aspirin after reading the suit filed against her by her beau's soon-to-be ex-wife; accusing her of carrying on a year-long affair with Mr. Cook. Part of the statement released by her manager reads:

Yesterday, she was totally overwhelmed by the lawsuit and the media attention. Last night, Fantasia was hospitalized. She took an overdose of aspirin and a sleep aid. Her injuries are not life threatening. She was dehydrated and exhausted at the time. Fantasia is stable now. She will be released from the hospital soon. Fantasia is a fighter and a survivor. This is not the hardest thing Fantasia has endured. Fantasia will be stronger, smarter, and better for it. Her work has always inspired her and served as a source of strength. Her new album, "Back To Me," will be released on August 24th. The lyrics to "I’m Here" say it best:
 
"I Believe I Have Inside Of Me
Everything That I Need To Live A Bountiful Life
With All The Love Inside Of Me
I’ll Stand As Tall As The Tallest Tree
And I’m Thankful For Each Day That I’m Given
Both The Easy And The Hard Ones I’m Livin’
But Most Of All
Yes, I’m Thankful For Lovin’ Who I Really Am"


Get well soon Tasia!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Conversation With My Sister Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template