Saturday, September 11, 2010

Fall 2010 New Show: Nikita

Posted by Jay at 3:34 PM
Let me preface this by saying I was hell bent on not watching the new update of Nikita on the CWl. The constant previews playing Rihanna’s rockstar was unbelievably irritating. Yes, I’m not a Rihanna fan – sue me! Further, Maggie Q, who plays the titular character, is soo skinny I just want to feed her a couple of burgers. But I know she plays action real well – she’s a huge star in Asia – and all the rave reviews the show has been getting cajoled me to give the pilot a try.


For those of you who don’t know about Nikita, here’s a little info on her. Nikita was recruited out of jail by a secret government agency and trained to be an assassin. She broke one of their rules – she fell in love with a civilian. The agency, or Division as Nikita calls them on the show, kills her boyfriend. She is now on a mission to take them down. Nikita was originally introduced to us in the 1990 French film, La Femme Nikita. Seven years later, the movie was made into a US tv show. This is technically not a retelling or continuation of the story from the movie or the television show.

First, whatever happened to Shane West? I thought he would have been a bigger star by now. Anyway, the show reminded me of Alias - Nikita could easily be Sidney Bristow minus the hot boyfriend Michael Vaughn. It moved at a fast pace, great action, you learned a few things about the characters that made you want to know more rather than inundate you with too much information. Yes, I’ve been drawn in, checked my tv watching schedule – What?! You don’t have one? – And found that the show won’t conflict with my already set Thursday night viewing schedule. Welcome Nikita!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Conversation With My Sister Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template