Monday, September 6, 2010

There Is No Emmy god

Posted by Jay at 3:38 PM
As we all know, you can't always get what you want and at this years Emmys, I sure walked away with a lot less than I wanted. However, I was pleased to see a lot of newcomers get recognized this year. The show also made me think that I may finally have to watch Breaking Bad on AMC. Really?! Three times in a row for Bryan Cranston?! But there are so many tv shows on my plate! Ricky Gervais should host every awards show on tv. I love that guy! The non-alcoholic beer was a great touch! Then again, I am biased when it comes to the British.


I have to get something off my chest though; well a few things. First, we are in a recession but I don't think the Emmys, or better yet, AMPAS got that memo. Wow, everything was just...shiny...for lack of a better word. All I could think of was "That's $50,000 spent on showing full size shots of the nominees, on tv screens, on stage. I could use that to send my siblings to college." I sure hope many folks were employed.

Lastly, every year I gripe about this, and I know next year, I'll be back at it again. Why are some great tv personalities omitted every year from the farewell tribute? Some are such glaring omissions you can't use the usual "not enough time in the program/in error" excuse. David Mills and Alaina Reed Hall. How do you miss these two? For The Wire alone, David Mills should have been included. He also produced/wrote for The Corner and NYPD Blue, to name a few more. Who did not watch Sesame Street growing up? How do you not include Alaina Reed Hall. She was great in 227 as Rose.

Check out the full list of winners here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Conversation With My Sister Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template