Monday, September 20, 2010

An Ode to Ben

Posted by Jay at 10:57 AM
You are not back. To be back means that you must have left at some point. You never did. I read your recent article on Entertainment Weekly. You hoped that people do not view you as a one-hit wonder. NEVER! Yes, Hollywood is a fickle town. You are only as good as your last hit. Ben, you are a great actor, director and writer. Your Oscar for Good Will Hunting was not a fluke either. Yes, both movies you've directed were based on your home town of Boston (I loved seeing so many places I visit weekly). But, Martin Scorcese and Woody Allen based most of their films in their city of New York. Does that negate their great work? I am truly proud of the work I saw on the screen Saturday night. It was funny, engaging, moving, heart pounding and against better judgement, I was rooting for the bad guys. So Ben, stay grounded, keep marching on and keep up the excellent work.

P.S. I would love to work on production of one of your films :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Conversation With My Sister Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template