Monday, May 31, 2010

The Constant

Posted by Jay at 3:22 AM
It's going to be a Lost filled day so be warned. The Constant is the name of a Lost episode from Season 4. The losties were jumping from one time period to another. But for Desmond, only his consciousness was jumping. After meeting Daniel Faraday in the past, a fellow lostie, Desmond found that he needed to find his constant. Someone to ground him and attach himself to; a constant. No matter what year he was, he would always have this person to center him. For Desmond, it is the love of his life; Penny.



Have you ever thought of your constant? I have. As I've mentioned previously, it has been a really trying week emotionally. *Jordan, my ex, is getting married. Not in a few years or months but next few weeks. It has brought all kinds of emotions that I had lied to myself were long gone. Jordan is my constant. When my father disappointed me, Jordan called from the other corner of the world to talk me to sleep. When I encountered challenges at work, Jordan comforted me and eased my fears. I've lost my constant. May be that is why I feel lost.  

In the world of television, past Desmond convinces past Penny to keep her number the same for he will call her on Christmas at a future date. Penny is very skeptical. But she loves him and lo and behold, future Penny picks up the phone when future Desmond calls from the island. Happy and clean endings are scenarios meant for the imaginary world of television. In real life, Jordan is gone; future me writes this so as to squash the urge to call Jordan's number. My constant is gone. I'm lost. It's time I find my way home.

*Names have been changed to protect identity.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Conversation With My Sister Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template