Sunday, June 13, 2010

2010 VH1 Hip Honors - Some Things Don't Add Up

Posted by Jay at 2:18 PM
I finally got around to watching HHH Dirty South edition. Man, Uncle Luke had me busting a move like it was 1995. "Cap d coming, Cap d coming, Cap d coming....doodoo brown!" I had forgotten Trick Daddy was in Scarred. Now that is hip hop!!


The other stand out of the night was Timbaland's tribute. Timbo has some serious classics under his belt. Every song I heard was a banger then and now. What would have put the icing on the cake is Jay Z spitting one verse of Big pimpin with Bun B. But it's alright, it's okay, we have Missy Elliot. I for one am eagerly awaiting her new cd.


Few thoughts that ran through my mind:
  • As much as I love Timbo, since when is Virginia part of the Dirty South?
  • Man, Mystikal is hype!
  • Why wasn't I in college in the early 90's so I could attend freaknik?
  • Asher Roth needs to hire a stylist. Not a good look Mr. Roth!
  • Why were Cash Money Millionaires not included?
  • Where was the rest of Goodie Mob during the Organized Noize tribute and Outkast?
  • Aren't there Southern female rappers who could have been honored e.g. Gangsta Boo?

1 comments:

Unknown on June 23, 2010 at 5:12 AM said...

I missed the honours!!! LOL :( sad face), Trey Songz remix. What did happen to Missy Elliot, i feel like a lot of good female rappers have been sidelined by horrible acts...INSERT Nikki Minaj

Post a Comment

 

Conversation With My Sister Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template