Friday, June 25, 2010

Remembering Michael Joseph Jackson

Posted by Jay at 6:04 AM
One year ago today, the most unbelievable news was delivered to the world. I honestly thought it was some kind of cruel joke that even CNN wasn't catching on to. But, alas, it was true. The King of Pop, Michael Jackson was dead. Today, June 25th, marks the one year anniversary of his death.

What does Michael represent for you? For me, he reminds of the happy times and fun I had growing up in Japan. I remember my dad buying the Smooth Criminal Laserdisc. Yeah, we were up on the latest technology! My dad, brother, sister and I would dance to all the songs and laugh at my dad's terrible dancing. It was soo wonderful. His songs fill me with such great memories and bring so much joy. I'm sure it does to so many people around the world. So please, remember to tell your loved ones how much you love them before it's too late. I haven't told my mom and siblings how much I love them lately. No better time than now. I'll leave you with my favorite Michael Jackson song Human Nature.

3 comments:

The sister in this conversation said...

Some one pass me a bucket...

I dont know if the doc set out to kill MJ or it was ineptitude to a degree unknown to mankind! Either way, that is a trial I am following closely.

All day i've been humming away to my favorite song, well one of the many, "Dirty Diana". It's got that right mix of drama in the story, bass and guitar that just transports you to another place.

I still can't help but wish he'd gone in his sleep (in a natural way)at 90 years old.

Amanda on June 25, 2010 at 4:44 PM said...

This blog is so great and the posts are on point. Well done, hon. Trust you to know everything about everything..lol

Best MJ song - Lady in my life (That song will be featuring somehow in my wedding) and PYT

Jay on June 26, 2010 at 3:24 PM said...

@Sis, I'm definitely following the trial too. I can't believe Dr. Murray can still practice! @Amanda welcome and thank you! PYT definitely brings me out to the floor. I also love Butterflies. His vocals are so perfect for that song. Can you believe I heard lady in my life for the first time after he died?! So unlike me yeah?

Post a Comment

 

Conversation With My Sister Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template