Monday, June 7, 2010

Pissing off the fans

Posted by Jay at 7:44 PM
As a little black girl attending an American all-girls Catholic school in Tokyo, there were five acts I wanted to see live in no particular order:
  1. Madonna
  2. New Kids on the Block
  3. Janet Jackson
  4. Michael Jackson
  5. Bon Jovi
Fast forward to 2010 and I've only managed 2 out of 5. I've seen NKOTB twice and Madonna twice. The second time I saw Madonna I had no shame in paying more than $300. It was worth every darn penny! I came close to seeing Janet Jackson if you remember. Michael Jackson unfortunately passed way before his time and before I was able to see him concert. Still very very bitter at you dad and mom that I missed out on seeing him for a school trip back during his Bad tour, but I digress. Last on the list is Bon Jovi.

Bon Jovi has been touring a lot lately. I have been trying to see them in concert for a few years now. Problem? Well, I like seats where I can see the artists features without the aid of binoculars. The other problem? Getting a decent seat is $530. I'm a regular Jane, earning less-than-I-would-like salary and live for music and all things entertainment. So to ask me to pay $530 for a ticket is asking me to slap my momma silly; both of which I would not do because I have common sense. After fans bitterly complained about the O2 Arena concert ticket prices in London, Jon Bon Jovi replied,
 
"Those tickets are a couple of special package tickets. I don't really know what they are, they could be anything. It may be that you get everything and it may be 20 tickets. But it ain't the front row and it ain't the front section. It's certainly not gipping (conning) anyone else out of anything." 

So I decided to check my area's ticket prices and this is what ticketmaster says:
  • The Silver Package ($215) - Package Includes: One Premium Second Price* Reserved Ticket *Package Based On Second Ticket Price Outside the Circle, $25.00 Gift Card to the On-Line Bon Jovi Store, One Bon Jovi Souvenir Tour Program, One Exclusive Bon Jovi VIP Merchandise Item, One Limited Edition VIP Laminate & Matching Lanyard, One Commemorative Souvenir Concert Ticket
  • Diamond Circle VIP experience ($1,857) - Package Includes: One Incredible Front Row* Ticket inside the Exclusive Circle!*(Or in the First Three Rows in the following markets: East Rutherford, Chicago, Foxboro, Regina, Toronto, Winnipeg & Edmonton), One Exclusive Collectable Bon Jovi VIP Concert Chair (You sit in it, you watch the show, and then you take it home with you!), Special VIP Cocktail Upon Arrival, Deluxe Catered VIP Preshow Hospitality, Deluxe VIP Open Bar*, Dedicated On-Site VIP Host, And MORE!
  • Emerald Circle VIP experience ($989) - Package Includes: One Amazing Ticket inside the Exclusive Circle, Special VIP Cocktail Upon Arrival , Deluxe Catered VIP Preshow Hospitality, Deluxe VIP Open Bar*, Dedicated On-Site VIP Host, VIP Preferred Parking* (Where available), VIP Priority Check-In , Separate VIP Entrance at Venue (Where available), One Autographed Bon Jovi Souvenir Tour Program!, And MORE!
  • The Sapphire VIP Party Pack! ($625) - Package Includes: One Excellent Top Price* Reserved Ticket in the Front Floor Sections!*Package Based On Top Ticket Price Outside the Circle, Catered VIP Preshow Party!, Open Bar* (Includes Beer & Wine Selections), On Site VIP Customer Service, VIP Preferred Parking* (Where available), VIP Priority Check-In, Separate VIP Entrance at Venue (Where available), $100.00 Gift Card to the On-Line Bon Jovi Store, One Bon Jovi Souvenir Tour Program, And MORE!
  • The Gold VIP Package ($365) - Package Includes: One Premium Top Price* Reserved Ticket in Lower Level! *Package Based On Top Ticket Price Outside the Circle, $50.00 Gift Card to the On-Line Bon Jovi Store, One Souvenir Bon Jovi Tour Program, One Exclusive Bon Jovi VIP Messenger Bag, One Limited Edition VIP Laminate & Matching Lanyard, One Commemorative Souvenir Concert Ticket.
Don't know about you but I see a front row seat package for $1,857 that doesn't even allow me backstage! Tsk! There are obviously fans who can afford that but why alienate long time, hard core fans with such high prices?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Conversation With My Sister Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template